Public Health officials have advised that early learning services are safe to be open at Alert Level 2, if appropriate public health control measures are put in place.
Specific public health to be taken in early learning services include:
- Parents are asked to keep any sick children at home. If a sick child comes to the service, or shows symptoms, services will send them home.
- Indoor temperature needs to be set at a minimum of 18 degrees Celsius. This minimum must be met.
- Young children require a lot of physical support and it is not possible to explain or maintain a physical distance between young children given the age of the children and set up of centres. This means good hygiene practices are even more important. There does not need to be a measurable physical distance between children or children and staff. Where possible, adults should keep 1 metre distance between themselves.
- Ensure all children regularly wash and dry their hands.
- Ensure hand sanitiser is available but teachers/staff supervise its location and use in order to avoid a child accidentally drinking it.
- Ensure that children have their own food containers and do not give and take food to and from each other. Food can be supplied in accordance with public health guidance.
- Outdoor play areas can be used, including sandpits, but children must wash their hands after use.
- Disinfect and clean all surfaces daily.
- Contact tracing registers must be in place.
PPE is not required or recommended as necessary in any educational facility by the Public Health officials.
Upon advice from the local medical officer of health, any educational facilities connected to a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 must close on an individual or group basis for 72 hours to allow contact tracing, and then potentially for a further 14 days.
Welcome to ActiveKidz Swim School, based just outside Mapua.
We are proud to be serving swimmers from around the wider Nelson/Tasman region, including Motueka, Tasman, Ruby Bay, the Moutere, Richmond and even Nelson.
Our Swim School is run by locals for locals, with a wide range of Swimming Lessons and programmes as well as private lessons.
- Our teachers are all highly qualified and experienced.
- Our warm and private facilities are specific to teaching swimming.
- Our teacher pupil ratios are the best in the region.
- We operate two pools:
- A 9 metre by 4 metre heated indoor pool
- A 12 metre by 6 metre heated outdoor pool.
We run our lessons year round, and while we specialise in teaching children, we can cater for all ages and abilities, and encourage you to contact us to discuss your, or your child’s needs.
Unlike other swim schools, we keep our group sizes small, and specific to ability. While we take a proven, and structured approach to developing swimming skills, we do not work to a rigid “teaching by numbers” programme.
We pride ourselves in actively encouraging progression at the students individual pace.
Hover over the buttons above and click ‘Learn More’ to discover more about what we have to offer.